Good morning, runners! It’s National Running Day! In honor of this day, I’m going to write about the things I LOVE about running! I’m linking up with Olive to Run today.
1) I love how running makes me feel like I can conquer anything! Seriously, every morning I wake up and feel pretty sluggish and lazy; I go for a run, and when I get home, I’m energetic and motivated to accomplish my day’s tasks!
2) I love that in order to go for a run, all I have to do is throw on a pair of shoes and head out my front door! No gym I have to go to, no lake I have to drive to, no extensive preparations ahead of time (like biking). Just me and my own two feet!
3) I love the places running takes me, AND the fact that I can run ANYWHERE! Whenever I’m on vacation, or traveling for work, I go out on runs to explore the area. I’ve done some EXCELLENT site seeing this way that I wouldn’t have been able to do were it not for running!
4) I love running because of the amazing way I’m able to take in the beauty of nature!
5) I love running because it keeps me fit and healthy! (AND, allows me to eat ice cream) 😉
Do you love running?
Tell me your favorite reasons why!
Are you running today in celebration of National Running Day?