It seems as though my theme for this week is revolving around my race on Sunday, but I’ve still got the race (and recovering from it) on my mind! Since I have another race to quickly turn around and go all out in, I’ve been really focusing on recovering as quickly as possible this time! I’ve been pulling out all of my favorite go-to recovery methods! Here’s my top 5 ways to recover quickly after a race so I’m able to get back to training sooner!
- Immediately post-race I have a bottle of Recoverite by Hammer. I’ve been using this for years-ever since I started ultra running; and I’ve kept using it now that I’m a triathlete. It helps my muscles recover quicker and I’m not nearly as sore the next day. I’m still sore after races, but not as bad as if I didn’t have it.
- Along with Recoverite, I also use a supplement called Tissue Rejuvenator by Hammer. This has condroitin and glucosamine in it which help reduce inflammation and pain. I usually take this for a couple days after races.
- FOOD! I try and consume a good amount of carbs and protein immediately after my race, and for the next few days after, I try and increase my daily amount as well.
- SLEEP!! In my mind, sleep is THE BEST form of recovery While you’re sleeping, your body produces human growth hormone which helps your muscles re-build.
- Foam roll. I have a variety of foam roller devices. I use them all.
Now you know how I recover! Tell me what your favorite tricks are!